"Fancy Meeting You Here"
Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I finally made it to the gym today. After dropping Lilly off at child-care, I passed my OB on the way to the cardio floor. We both said "hi" but kept walking. I assume that she runs into patients everywhere (especially a family-oriented place like this gym) and wouldn't want to mix work with her personal life.
Strange... I know I'm just a patient to this woman, but she's seen ALL my body parts and delivered my precious baby. She was there during the most amazing day of my life. I saw her for my monthly checkups and then every week from about 30 weeks of pregnancy and on. I somehow feel close to her and it almost felt weird to run into her so casually.
Maybe it's like working out a company-provided fitness center and seeing your co-workers in their undies or less. That's sort of awkward too.
posted by Avorie @ 6:55 PM,
![]()
4 Comments:
- At 10:01 AM, Cindy said...
-
Thanks for the giggle!
- At 5:30 PM, liz said...
-
I used to see my OB around downtown Manhattan. Once she stopped to chat, which was nice and awkward...
But yeah, they know you inside and out.
For me, it was worse to run into my shrink in line at the bank. Or behind me in the grocery store when my credit card was declined. - At 7:16 PM, Avorie said...
-
Lizzy in the city:
Haha! That's hillarious. I never thought of that scenario. Thanks for the sharing. - At 8:45 AM, Kelly said...
-
Isn't that weird? I never know how to act when I see those sorts of people, like the GYN.
You're like, "Hello! Do you not recognize me without my vagina in your face?"



