Site Network: | ReDinkyDink | Contact | Shop

 

Welcome to my life. As a newish stay-at-home mom, I'm trying to figure out what my life is about. I know I'm a wife and mother, but who am I? This blog is my forum to find out and my therapy...



Birthdays and such...

Lilly will be turning one next month, so I'm trying to plan her birthday party. She really loves Rolie Polie Olie. Not only does she ask me to read her Olie book at least 10 times a day, but "Olie" was her first real world.




Unfortunately, Rollie Polie Olie party ware seems to have been discontinued. I was looking for cake ideas and found some cute cakes.




Not bad huh? How hard can can it be to make a cake like this? But with my culinary skills, it's more apt to turn out like this:



I wonder how you make smooth frosting on a cake? That seems to be the main difference between the two .

posted by Avorie @ 7:16 PM,

7 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Isabel said...

I think you have to use that fondant frosting. I've never used it. But I'm sure you can find out more on the internet.

And she's going to be one???!! Really? That was fast!

(I'm dying to see an updated picture of her. Can you e-mail me one?)

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fondant makes the cakes look smooth. Though it doesn't taste good, and is a bit chewy.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger liz said...

no input on the frosting...i make my cakes by buying them at the bakery...make it someone else's issue.
but i can't believe she's going to be a year old!
holy cow!

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fondant will give the first cake. It's tricky to work with, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be a pro.

Also, plenty of sites on the net about working with fondant...and making your own since store bought/boxed is not that tasty and you end up just peeling it off.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally fondant, but I don't think it's as tasty as the other frosting!

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the second one is cute!

= ]

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The first cake is fondant- pretty but gross tasting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home