My Nursery Won't Be Blah After All!!
Friday, December 09, 2005
After visiting all the baby stores in town (we have a LOT) and looking online, I had almost resolved myself to accept the fact that I was going to have a blah nursery with uncoordinated furniture and muted mix-match bedding. We refuse to pay the exorbitant prices for bedding and furniture. I mean, how can you justify spending 200 or more on a crib bedding set that has four pieces? And of course, all the modern stuff even more expensive.
Today, my mom and I went to IKEA in search of a bookcase to house my almost 200 children's books I bought from eBay for an insane price. Instead, we found the most delightful nursery decorations and furniture! Here's our loot:
We bought three of these banana leafs. Two will go over the crib and one will go over the rocker/glider. Fun huh?

And this blanket will drape over the glider because you know, it's going to be COLD in February and the glider doesn't exactly match the Jungle theme.

We're going to replace the ceiling light fixture with this cute sun. They were out of stock so I have to go back.

Here's the ladybug rug for the center of the floor:

We found this fablous table, where we will read and do art. Just because they make crayons for walls and bathtubs doesn't mean art will be everywhere in our house.

We got these matching stools in pink and blue, which are surdy enough to hold Hubby.

Checkout the stool covers! Fabulous with the ladybug rug huh?

The ladybug rug also matches this delightful armoire! It's so delightful that they were out of stock. I'll have to go back for it because its way cuter than the picture shows.

We're thinking about using this as the changing table because it's fairly low and fits the theme. I wanted to check with Hubby before I bought it.

I might get this mirror to go above the changing table. My mom had a great idea. If the mirror is across from the crib and you can see it from the door, you can check on the baby without her seeing you (and therefore she won't insist on getting up).

And for curtains, we bought these. They are a foot or so short so I will have to buy another panel set and sew some of the fabric onto the bottom.

And of course, we had to buy a cute lamp.

We also bought the orange net to organize supplies. I'm fully aware that baby will try to climb it, so, we'll just use it until she can climb.

We still don't have the crib or bookshelf, but I pretty much know what I want. The crib will be white, which doesn't really match the theme, but there's not much I can do about it. I thought about painting the crib, but I'm concerned about baby chewing on the paint. So, I may have to settle for a white crib and just buy brightly colored mix-and match bedding.
IKEA has several bookshelf options that I'm still contemplating. I might paint the bookshelf.
It may look strange in seperate parts, but IKEA had a sample room with this theme and it was great. Anyway, I'm ecstatic! We opened all the loot and spread it around the room. It is going to look like a fabulous jungle. Oh! And I only spent 189 dollars today!
posted by Avorie @ 1:40 PM,
![]()
7 Comments:
- At 4:24 PM, Judy said...
-
Your baby will have a bright colorful room to wake and play in. My little boy turned 1 on Nov. 25 and I remember the excitement of fixing up his room. Have fun and best of luck with everything!!!
- At 10:50 AM, Reesh said...
-
Yay! That is going to be such a fun room, you're never going to want to leave!!
- At 6:36 PM, Corinne said...
-
YAY!!!! That sounds so incredibly awesome!!!! :) So glad you guys found some stuff!!!
- At 10:18 AM, Isabel said...
-
The stuff looks great. I especially love the color of green!! So perfect. The mirror idea is a good one. Moms sure do know it all, don't they!!
(and I love that you got it all for such a great price. I love IKEA!) - At 11:25 AM, Erika said...
-
SCORE!
- At 8:42 PM, Cathy said...
-
I LOVE Ikea stuff! It's so creative and fun! Every time I walk through the store, I always wish I had that kind of stuff as a kid :) Have fun decorating!
- At 11:24 AM, Anth said...
-
This stuff is so adorable!! As I read through this post, I was like, dang this chick must be rich, because this is a lot of stuff. When I read the total cost, my jaw dropped. Now I know where to go to decorate my nursery!



