Lost of Random Stuff
Monday, May 28, 2007
1. I'm down to 12.5 mg of Prednisone! Unfortunately my face isn't loosing the puffiness yet. To make matters worse I have a bad haircut. So, I'm trying to avoid mirrors. It's really depressing to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself.
2. Of course, I feel like crap complaining about such non-since when I just found out that one of my aunts and one uncle both have terminal cancer. One is expected to live 6 months to a year and the other only has a couple of months. It's very sad because the first indication that anything was wrong was stage four cancer and it was already terminal! My aunt just woke up one day and couldn't use one arm - thanks to five brain tumors (and lung cancer despite the fact that she doesn't smoke). Anyway, we went shopping for head scarves to send her since she lives in a rural area and doesn't have access to this sort of thing. We went to three wig stores and found the best head wraps. One wig store was awesome. Their wigs were so fabulous that I wanted to shave my head so I could wear one!
3. My Eco Bags finally arrived - about 6 weeks late. Of course I forgot to bring them to the store on my last trip.
4. I'm still on my renewable energy kick. I've been spending my evenings researching and scheming about ways to develop a wind or solar farm. What sucks is that the states that give equipment rebates don't pay production incentives and vice versa. WA is the only state that pays a production incentive for wind power, but its limited to 2K per year, which isn't enough to justify the investment. Solar technology is even more expensive than wind. I found one place that will pay 80% up to 100,000 dollars for a corporation to install solar. So, I looked into buying some land out there and turning it into a solar farm. The problem is that land is VERY expensive and this state doesn't pay a production incentive. The interesting thing is that you can move the equipment after five years. So, I may be able to get away with building a solar farm that won't make much money for five years then moving it to another state where they have decent production incentives. Of course, that would mean I would have to buy land in two states.
5. My little Lilly Lou is almost 16 months old! She's as precious as ever. She's finally getting to the point where I can leave her a the fitness center's child care center and she has fun playing rather than screaming for mommy to come back. So, I exercise about 3 or 4 times a week. Now that I don't have to hurry, I really should try to do a better work out. The problem is that this tapering off prednisone sucks. I'm either feeling rather sick or am really emotional. I was thinking that this would be a good time to start the Body for Life challenge as I know I'll experience some changes as I continue to reduce the prednisone. Maybe I could win on the basis of my puffy face/normal face (I hope it will go back to normal) and sap story. Of course, that's not really ethical.
posted by Avorie @ 5:32 PM,
![]()
2 Comments:
- At 2:44 AM, said...
-
Sorry to hear about your aunt and ucle that's really harsh! Glad to hear cuttig down the amount of prednisone is going well though! Golly isn't Lilly getting old! Oh and good luck with the renewable energy farm research!!
- At 2:46 AM, said...
-
sorry there are a few ns missing from that lot - my keyboard just isn't the same since I spilt water all over it but I'm not complaining seen as though my laptop is well over 5 years old LOL



