Site Network: | ReDinkyDink | Contact | Shop

 

Welcome to my life. As a newish stay-at-home mom, I'm trying to figure out what my life is about. I know I'm a wife and mother, but who am I? This blog is my forum to find out and my therapy...



Ten Pounds = Size 10?

Lilly and I went to the outlet mall yesterday to look for some clothes for me. Right now, I'm wearing my two black maternity pants and a couple of my larger, long-sleeved non-maternity shirts. That's all I have and with the temperatures rising, I wanted to buy some shorts and summer clothes - even if they only fit for a couple of months.

Before the pregnancy, I wore a size 2. So, I went to Banana Republic and tried on a 4, 6, and 8 in shorts. Did any of them fit? Nope. I could barely zip the size 8 and my belly hung over the edge in the scariest way when I sat down. I didn't bother trying a size 10. I'm not wearing a size 10 when I wore a 2 just 9 months ago! I'd rather not look like a big mid-section being held up by skinny legs. Instead I will just exercise and flatten this tummy.

I gained about 27 lbs during the pregnancy, which was good. I lost a lot in the hospital and have about 12 lbs to go, but I don't expect to loose it all because I'm breastfeeding. I'm not sure how long I have to wait before exercising. So far, all I've done is take Lilly out for a daily walk around the neighborhood. I would really like to go back to my prenatal water aerobics class, which is just 3 minutes away, but I'm can't until this bleeding stops! Maybe I'll call the doctor and ask her opinion about doing sit-ups and such. We have an exercise ball, which I can use for a lot of things. I'm going to take weekly pictures of my progress back to normal - if I can still get into one of my two-piece bathing suites. So, stay tuned to see flab and stretch marks and watch them slowly disappear (I hope)!

Lilly was pretty fussy during the shopping trip so we had to cut it short and only visited one store. I nursed her in the car (I haven't worked my way up to breastfeeding in public yet) and changed her diaper in the back of the SUV. Lilly cried while in her car seat and only calmed down with constant motion (driving) or being picked up and carried. This was her first real fussy day, which is not bad for a baby who is one day shy of being one month old.

Speaking of such, today is her one month birthday! She giggled for the first time last night! She discovered the toys hanging from her basinet and started smiling and batting at them. So, I switched the arch to one with brightly colored toys that make sounds. She loved it and was full of smiles and two giggles. It's the sweetest sound ever!

posted by Avorie @ 3:01 PM,

5 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

I can't believe she's a month old. Wow!! And she's so cute.

I got depressed just reading this post. I am very scared about being a fat lady. I was a size 4 before I got pregnant and am desperate to be one again. RIGHT NOW.

I look to you for inspiration (no pressure).

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Kudos to you for shopping! I can't bring myself to go & I'm staying completely content on wearing my yoga/workout clothes (minus the ab bearing tops) until I can wear my pre-preg stuff.

It was funny that you mentioned taking pictures to track your progess. I started a fitness blog (the most boring read for everyone else, but it's a place to track my progress) & starting next week after my 6 week postnatal check-up I plan on posting pictures as well.

Good luck to you & happy 1 month birthday to Lilly!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I totally can't wait until Shepherd smiles. I, like you, wanted to try on some real clothes because you know, for my sanity I want to have clothes that DON'T have elastic band waists. I went to try on pants... keeping in mind I was a size 12 before pregnancy, I managed to sqeeze into a size 18! I totally didn't buy them because I refuse to stay in size 18 pants. I want to fit back in my size 12's!!!!!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, a month already?? I started reading your blog before you had her :) Good luck with the weight loss- keep it up and share with us to inspire us! I've already gained more than 27 lbs so I'm kinda worried... oh well... nothing I can do about it now!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Erika said...

27 lbs. is awesome. "THEY SAY" that your hips spread more when you carry a girl and I remember your picture of you holding up your old pants and I've been wanting to do that myself. I was an 8 before pregnancy and I'm not as worried about the size I will be in now as I am about the expense of buying a whole new wardrobe. Your feet didn't get bigger did they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home