Site Network: | ReDinkyDink | Contact | Shop

 

Welcome to my life. As a newish stay-at-home mom, I'm trying to figure out what my life is about. I know I'm a wife and mother, but who am I? This blog is my forum to find out and my therapy...



Dumpster Diving?

I was bored last night. Hubby and I were watching one of those movies where you say "That's two hours of my life that I'll never get back" at the end. Rather than completely waste my time, I sat on couch with my laptop, trying to think of something to do online.

I finally looked a Yahoo's Hobby directory, hoping to find something interesting. It had most of the boring standard categories such as scrap booking, photography, pottery, etc... But right there in the middle of the directory was something called Dumpster Diving? I thought, "What he heck is dumpster diving? Is this really a "hobby"?


So, of course I had to click on it. Apparently people dig through personal and corporate trash in search of perfectly useful items that have been discarded. Dumpster diving is also practiced by "watchdog" groups to keep an eye on their subjects.


How popular is dumpster diving? Apparently, quite popular. There are even "meet-up" groups that get together for "binning" or "skimping" - slang terms for dumpster diving.


I'm all for trying new things. In fact I usually have a new hobby or interest, but I think I'll pass on dumpster diving.

posted by Avorie @ 5:43 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home