Site Network: | ReDinkyDink | Contact | Shop

 

Welcome to my life. As a newish stay-at-home mom, I'm trying to figure out what my life is about. I know I'm a wife and mother, but who am I? This blog is my forum to find out and my therapy...



6th Month Prenatal Checkup

We had our 6th month prenatal checkup this afternoon. It was the usual pee in a cup, measure my tummy, listen to the heart beat, and address any concerns appointment. Everything was great. I was shocked to find out that I had gained 15 pounds this month!!! The previous months, I either lost weight or only gained 2-3 pounds. Yikes!

The nurse said I gained too much weight, but since I started off underweight, I was all actually caught up. Oh, at lunch, this woman at the deli counter came up to me and told me I was just the tiniest thing she had ever seen and I looked like I swallowed a watermelon! It was sweet! If only she knew I was packing on a half pound each day!

Back to the doctor's appointment... I asked the doctor about my sleep problems and she suggested Sudafed or Benadryl. I'd rather not take medication every night so, her next best idea was to get a vaporizer or see the ear, nose and throat specialist. I think the vaporizer might do the trick. It rained all day yesterday and I slept decently well (except my hip pain) last night. We bought a vaporizer on the way home.

Our next appointment will be the last monthly appointment. After that, we start bi-monthly appointments. Yikes! That means labor is approaching quickly! Oh, and they are going to start having us see all the different doctors since we don't know who will be delivering the baby. I'm not ready!!

posted by Avorie @ 3:28 PM,

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Isabel said...

You are super tiny and look great.

Did your doctor will tell you that you can take medication to help you sleep? Because I would love to take some on our flight to Europe (so I won't be as messed up with the time change). I'll have to ask my doctor about it when I got in to see her in a few weeks.

I hope you slept better last night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home